This is a new sport that we have added to our Sunday nights and will be new to almost all players. Handball is played indoor and on the field. We have modified the traditional rules to fit with our league.
7 players on the field including 1 goalie
To start the game: winner of rock paper scissors starts with the ball and passes to a player and moves the ball up the field to score a goal.
A goal is scored when the entire ball has bounced at least once before crossing the goal line into the net. Bouncing on the goal line does not count. A goal counts for one point. A player can jump into the crease to throw a ball on goal but must throw the ball before they land.
After a successful goal, the team that was scored against becomes the offensive team and can immediately go on offense -play resumes.
The Goalie is the only person permitted in the crease. He must remain within the crease at all times.
Player may take 3 steps with the ball. Then they can dribble ( 3 dribble max ) then the player is permitted 3 additional steps. At this point the player must pass or shoot the ball. Also the player may only stand still for 3 seconds then must try to advance the ball.
Player may use their hands (open or closed) to throw, catch, stop, push or hit the ball. Arms, head, torso, thighs, and knees may also be used.
The use of a foot or leg below the knee is not permitted.
If there is a loose ball the first player to the ball will get possession there will be no diving on the ball.
Players will not be permitted to:
• Hit the ball out of the hands of an opponent.
• Physically force away an opponent with arms, hands or legs.
• Hold or restrain, push, run, or jump into an opponent.
• Endanger an opponent with or without the ball.
• Touch the ball in the crease
• If you are playing defense; one arm's length must be between you and the player you are defending. Tumovers will be made through interceptions.