A combination of Basketball & Soccer
TEAMS AND EQUIPMENT:
1. Team Size: 5 players and 1 goalie with subs
2. Soccer goal nets
3. Basketball hoops
1. Each team occupies one side facing the goal they want to score in.
2. Game starts with a kickoff backwards to teammates.
3. The ball is dribbled and passed down the court using the wall as a way to pass as well.
4. When playing soccer you must try and score in the net.
5. You can have a goalie who is limited to the three point arch as their goal box.
6. If the ball hits the ground, Soccer must be played.
7. You can not kick the ball up to yourself and catch it to start basketball- you can kick it up to another teammate who can either catch it or trap it and continue with soccer.
8. If a player catches a kicked ball in air, basketball will commence.
9. Once playing Basketball, you can put the ball down at anytime with the exception of after the red line in key to transition to soccer you must drop the ball before this line.
10. A ball on the ground must be played as soccer
To change from Soccer to Basketball-The ball is kicked in the air and is caught, basketball now begins!
1. You are only allowed 2 steps like in basketball- if player takes more than 2 -3 steps, turnover occurs at sideline.
2. YOU CAN NOT DRIBBLE the ball, only pass using hands to move ball towards basket.
3. To score you must make a basket in the basketball hoop, always one point.
4. If fouled on the shot, a free throw is given, 1 shot only.
5. If shot is missed, live play resumes. If shot is made, ball goes to goalie and they throw it in. (can not go past half courtt)
1. If the goalie receives the ball for any reason they may pick the ball up and travel anywhere within the three point arch with no limit on steps
2. The goalie can not throw or kick the ball in the air past half court. Doing so, results in an automatic turnover, with the opposing goalie getting possession of the ball.
SCORING GOALS or BASKETS:
1. Each goal or basket is only worth 1 point.
2. After each point, in soccer the ball is returned to the center and possession is given to other team, and a backwards kickoff restarts the play.
3. After each point in basket, the ball is given to goalie where he or she can toss or kick it into play as long as it does not go past half court.
PENALTIES/OUT OF BOUNDS:
1. Ball should not be kicked high enough to touch ceiling
2. Rough playing, unsportsmanlike conduct, whining will not be tolerated.
3. Defence for basketball will be played at arms length. ( ball will be obtained through missed shots and interceptions)
We will play 1.5 hours with a 5 minute half.
While playing soccer or basketball, the ball can only be scored in the correlating goal for that sport.
**At any time the player who caught the ball can drop it to the floor and resume soccer.
**AT NO TIME CAN YOU KICK THE BALL UP TO YOURSELF.
**AT ANY POINT THE BALL HITS THE GROUND, SOCCER WILL BEGIN